Exclusive BonusesYou’ll get an exclusive career kickstart with one hour of clinical coaching from Occupational Therapy Helping Children’s Founder and Director, Lisa Hughes. Plus, you’ll also have the chance to hear from guest experts in speech pathology and psychology to help you understand how the allied health team works together. And on top of that, you’ll receive some Occupational Therapy Helping Children’s report templates to help you get going as a kids’ OT.
RegisterWe’re capping numbers so you’ll be able to ask lots of questions, get involved and be closely supported in your journey to becoming a children’s Occupational Therapist. With numbers limited, it’s best to get in quickly. Register online here.
At the end of this two-day intensive course you will be able to:
- Learn to confidently assess and treat children
- Learn to create best-practice goals for clients
- Learn to write assessment reports
- Learn about how other allied health specialisations can help children who need Occupational Therapy
- Upskills your clinical knowledge in Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), child development, dyspraxia (DCD), self-regulation and autism spectrum disorders
- Understand how OTs work in schools and in the community
- Learn about funding sources and their application processes
- PLUS: Q&A time throughout the course
- One-one-one coaching with an industry leader: As a course participant, you’ll be given exclusive access to one hour of clinical coaching with Lisa Hughes after the course.
- Allied Health Industry Guest Speakers: You’ll have the opportunity to learn from a paediatric speech pathologist and psychologist
- Report templates: You will receive a report template to fast-track your report writing skills.
About Occupational Therapy Helping Children and Lisa HughesAt Occupational Therapy Helping Children our mission is to help children thrive. We’ve been helping kids with a range of developmental challenges for nearly 25 years, as one of Sydney’s pioneering children’s Occupational Therapy private practices. During this time, we’ve developed methodologies and practices to help children thrive through their Occupational Therapy sessions with us. We have a dynamic team of experienced paediatric Occupational Therapists who are all driven to help children live more easily and enjoyably. Our team works across our two clinics on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and North Shore, as well as in a range of private and public schools.
Lisa Hughes is the Founder and Director of Occupational Therapy Helping Children. She has 30 years’ experience working in the field of paediatrics, both in Australia and internationally. Lisa has worked in hospital, community-based, school and private practice settings during her career and founded Occupational Therapy Helping Children nearly 25 years ago. Lisa has completed extensive post graduate training, especially in the areas of Sensory Processing. Lisa recently completed a mentorship at the STAR Institute for Sensory Processing Disorder in Colorado, USA, one of the world’s leading centres for Sensory Processing. You can read more about Lisa’s experience here.