Are you wanting to work with children, but don’t feel you have the skills you need? In this course for future and current OTs, we’ve combined our decades’ of professional experience to equip you with the skills you need to be a confident kids’ OT.
New PossibilOTs is an interactive, practical course for:
- New graduate OTs
- OT’s who are keen to work with children
- OT students who are looking to work with children when they graduate.
- Exclusive career kickstart with access to one hour of clinical coaching with Lisa Hughes after the course.
- Allied Health industry guest experts in speech pathology and psychology to help you understand how the allied health team works together.
- Report templates to fast-track your report writing skills as a kids’ OT.
- A comprehensive workbook to facilitate your personal development
- 20% off a 12-month membership for Team Talk, convenient professional development
- 20% off Your Kids OT products
RegisterWe’re capping numbers so you’ll be able to ask lots of questions, get involved and be closely supported in your journey to becoming a children’s Occupational Therapist. With numbers limited, it’s best to get in quickly.
Course OverviewAt the end of this two-day intensive course you will be able to:
- Feel confident when assessing and treating children
- Create best-practice goals for clients
- Write assessment and NDIS reports
- Understand how other allied health specialisations can help children who need Occupational Therapy
- Run a well planned and executed telehealth session.
- Upskill your clinical knowledge on Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), Dyspraxia (DCD), Autism spectrum disorders and Emotional Regulation
- Understand how OTs work in schools and in the community
- Understand funding sources and their application processes
About Occupational Therapy Helping Children and Lisa HughesAt Occupational Therapy Helping Children, our mission is to help children thrive. We’ve been helping kids with a range of developmental challenges for nearly 25 years, as one of Sydney’s pioneering children’s Occupational Therapy private practices. During this time, we’ve developed methodologies and practices to help children thrive through their Occupational Therapy sessions with us. We have a dynamic team of experienced paediatric Occupational Therapists who are all driven to help children live more easily and enjoyably. Our team works across our two clinics on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and North Shore, as well as in a range of private and public schools. Lisa Hughes is the Founder and Director of Occupational Therapy Helping Children. She has 30 years’ experience working in the field of paediatrics, both in Australia and internationally. Lisa has worked in hospital, community-based, school and private practice settings during her career and founded Occupational Therapy Helping Children nearly 25 years ago. Lisa has completed extensive post-graduate training, especially in the areas of Sensory Processing. Lisa recently completed a mentorship at the STAR Institute for Sensory Processing Disorder in Colorado, USA, one of the world’s leading centres for Sensory Processing. You can read more about Lisa’s experience here.
What Past Participants Said
I’m so glad I did this course. The sessions were really informative and engaging. The information given was practical and specific. My favourite sessions were about sensory processing and paediatric speech pathology. I would highly recommend this course.
The course was fantastic and covered everything from interventions, working in a school and report writing! It really helped me feel more prepared for starting my new job as a paeds OT.
I would highly recommend the New PossibiliOTs course! A very informative, right to the point, easy to comprehend course with a broad range of information! I really enjoyed this course. Very good overview of a Paediatric OT’s role. I learnt heaps and refreshed some old information I forgot I had.